Thursday, June 12, 2008

New Deck



It has been cold for a week, no sun, my plants are still shivering. Today I decided to plant my clover on the back yard where I re-did it after the loader made big deep ruts so I filled in the holes and top soiled it and raked it and I had left it that way because the hot tub circuit board went out and I knew the repair man had to walk on the dirt. I waited to plant until that was finished, that has been 4 days. The tub had to be drained and while it was empty we turned it (where it should have been to start) and I cleaned it. In all this time Pa built a deck that was a whim of mine. If you will notice the location it means less grass for me to cut so perhaps next year I will have another whim wawawawa. So I ask myself why am I planting the back yard. To cut? duh! I decided to plant short white clover. Hopefully I won't have to cut that. In all this week has been busy and late nights. We attended a memorial for a friend in the city, long drive. Next day back to the city for a VA appointment. got home and did some chores and back to town for a meeting. So I am whooped. Back to planting the clover. I no more than got it planted the sun decided to show its self. I watered the clover and decided to place straw over it to keep the moisture in. The sun went away and clouded up again. Our clouds have not had any rain. I am watering the shivering plants do not have to do it often.I hope Spring really shows up soon or just go right into Summer? Even the bugs are hiding.

No comments: