Saturday, June 21, 2008


Alaska Summer Solstice--At least 19 hours of daylight..It was 42 degree this morning it warmed up and we have had sunshine most of the day, with a shower of rain for just a little while. That was really nice. I hope summer is really here. Flowers are blooming and garden is growing, we had our first dinner of fresh broccoli out of the garden tonight.
My friend brought me this pink flower already blooming (she works in a green house) wish I could remember the name of this beautiful flower. I had blue and purple flowers blooming in my cottage garden so this pink really livened it up. The iris are also beginning to bloom.
I have harvested my rhubarb and froze it up in two cup baggies. We have had two fresh rhubarb crunch desserts. from Mom's cook book. It is so good. also one rhubarb and strawberry pie.
Gotta close this off and get out in the beautiful sunshine.

1 comment:

Texas Dancer said...

Lucy,
are these Hollyhawks?They sure are beautiful;
The grankids have gone swimming
at friends, the dogs got in thier lil pool and had a ball,then rolled in the sand and got back in .
Jake and I will go to Library to return movies;Then to wally w to pick up my monthly supply of pills and inhalers.
Have a lovely day;oh save me seeds.love ya,Texas Dancer