Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sometime our children travel very far into distance lands, sometimes they only go short distances. Where ever they travel my love is always with them and I encourage them to do the very best they can: some one once said:

Life is a game-play it
Life is a challenge- Meet it
Life is an opportunity-Capture it

This poem was written for my oldest son years ago

A Son

Goodbye my son with eyes so bright
like stars making their way through-the night

Your growing up years have come to an end
and out in this world I must send

Remember my love always holds strong
and all of Pa's teachings and you'll never go wrong

Now into this world you are ready to go
you'll be covering ground like a blanket of snow

The road are long and disappointments are there
but as my Son you will handle them with care

When you are far away and alone at night
look up into the heavens for your guiding light

We will love you and always be very proud too
because you became a man that is only you.

No comments: