Sunday, May 4, 2008

Today is Sunday and sunny here in the North. I want to publish my boat trip from Wshington to Alaska journal of last summer as I have lots of cool pictures so this I have to learn how to do.
Gramps is gearing up for freighting the Yentna river altho its still frozen but beginning to open in some places.
break-up is here with mud everywhere, still some snow in the yard. I just checked my raised garden and could dig in it. It will be ready by the end of May to plant.
I am putting together a trip to Honnah, Alaska about July to get our fish for the winter. We plan to take our Van R/V on the ferry from Haines to Honnah. Our boat friends are there now getting their boat out of storage. Will be interesting.

Friday I visited my great-grandaughter Destiny, she is a beautiful little girl. bronz skin and big brown eyes.Almost a year old and starting to walk. I remembered a poem I had written in 1978 when my first Granddaughter came in my world. I wrote it for my son:

Birth

God gave you a life
He trusted you
He made you one of the chosen few

God gave you a life
In your arms it lay
He trusted you to guide its way

A beautiful child
It has become
Rest your head
Your work is well done

God gave you a life to love and care
He blessed your life
With some one to share.

loh

1 comment:

W said...

Thank you! And Thank God!