Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cell phones are great in many ways. I talked to my daughter off and on last week as she was driving to Dallas. It help keep her awake and it help me to know she was safe. She returned back to her home safely but tired. As we talked I told her about a poem I had written many years ago for her. She is older now and wiser, aren't we all. the poem still comes from my heart.

Daughter

A beautiful brown eyed baby girl I had that year
Happiness you brought me, memories I hold dear

A tom-boy in your teens
I thought I would never get you out of those blue jeans

Your school days seem to be filled with fun
but then you got the urge to run
away to some far away town
and Hippy friends you soon found

But those few days were only for thrills
than we moved way up in the Alaska hills

You thought you would never see the city lights
but finally came that graduation night

Now you have grown up into a fine young girl
making your way in this old world

You get out what you put in
for a beautiful brown eyed girl
Fun has just began

loh

She has grown up into a beautiful lady, a beautiful daughter and now has a beautiful daughter of her close to the age that I wrote this for her Mother. Oh! to survive the Teen years.
I can say truthfully I had great teen age kids, We survived and had fun that has been long ago. I now watch my grandchildren grow. What a blessing. God has truly blessed me.

1 comment:

W said...

A very nice poem! In the years to come we should combine all the family’s poems and writings