Monday, August 25, 2008

Peas and Taters



Its that time of the years, leaves are beginning to turn and vegetables are to be harvested. I have gathered and frozen a lot peas and still have blooms on the vines ,peas you take out of the hull and snow peas. I just took my neighbor who sells most of my books a basket of snow peas.My next door neighbor came over the other day and picked a basket of snow peas to cook and freeze. I dug these potatoes because I was walking on the vine gathering peas. so I eliminated three hills of taters. I won't dig any more until the frost gets the vines. I haven't harvested any cabbage yet. The heads are as large as basketballs now and still growing. I'll have cabbage, kraut and more cabbage. I always plant too much Cabbage, I suppose my neighbors will like too. My neighbor is going to the pick-your-own farm with me when the zucchini is ready (the last frost got mine the end of May) I hope I can get her to stop by the state fair for a couple of hours.
The Carhartt Brothers are playing music tomorrow night at the fair I would love to go (I know the band) besides everyone needs to wear carhartt's and that just fine with me. (Alaskan -Men's tuxedo /woman evening attire.) I will be in black.

VOTE TOMORROW...Will a change of guard make any difference?

No comments: