Wednesday, March 4, 2009

saw-whet owl and chickadee

Sometime the day can bring a wonderful surprise as just a few days ago Grandpa spotted this owl in the back yard. I managed to get up close and take this picture. It was a beautiful sunny day. Cold but sunny. The owl stayed around for a little while and than went flying off.
I watch the birds eating today lots of red-polls and chickadees, grosbeaks and grey-jays and wood- pecker. The chickadees really stay busy storing their seeds when it is going to storm. I filled the feeder three times today. So the snow comes.
I love to watch the birds and animals. especially some you don;t see too often.

1 comment:

Texas Dancer said...

Hello,
Beautiful qwl,I too love this time of the year,birds every where,can't keep them fed;do have some downey woodpeckers,that are coming out,where we can see them without really looking for them.The jay's and mocking birds are eating out of the dog food.The kids get tickled at the little thieves,darting in and quickly out.
Little brother John had a 60th birthday,music and lots of good food.Daughter Kelly came,she bought me lots of flowers at the nursery here;Then we played in the mall;and spent the night in Beaumont,as she calls it her once a year visit;;;She is so much fun to be with;
I was sandwitched between a car and a f350 saturday a week ago.So I have lived on pills,and still havent gotton in to therapy....My neck and back;;;total pain.The guy admits that he wasn't looking;;;
My bronco is totaled;;;;So much b.s.that I am the one who at this time is paying for this;I do have a tiny lawyer;she is about 5 ft;so
we shall see;i may be able to come to Alaska again before I am too old.
Hope you are having a good day,
Hello to Larry .Love Ya